Check Your Credit Balance is one of the most important metrics to track, but it can be hard to keep an eye on. If you’re like me and don’t always have time to monitor your account, here’s a quick way to check the state of your finances without having to open up any tools at all.
Check your balance online.
- To find out your credit card balance check online sources and log in to your credit card provider’s website or mobile app. The SoFi website states that “Thanks to mobile banking and credit card apps, it only takes a few seconds to check a credit card balance from a smartphone.”
- Check the website regularly to ensure you haven’t missed any payments or fraudulent activity and that the information is still accurate.
- If you find an error or unauthorized charges on your account, contact customer service immediately so they can help resolve the matter (and avoid further damage).
Use a text messaging service
If you’re not a fan of going online, there are other ways to check your credit balance. One of the most popular options is by texting. Texting is fast and free, which is perfect for checking your balance on the go. Plus, if you’d rather keep things private than share them with the world, texting is probably your best bet since it’s private from start to finish.
Call your card issuer.
To check your balance, simply call your card issuer and ask for your balance. If you don’t have a phone number, you can use the credit card company’s website to find it under the “contact us” or “help” section of their website. Once you have this information, follow these steps:
- Type in a specific amount into Google search bar (e.g., “check my credit card balance”)
- Click on one of the sites that appears at the top of the page (e.g., Chase Card Balance)
- Enter your last four digits of social security number into box on screen; click continue if prompted by popup window asking for confirmation before continuing
Using mobile app
To check your credit balance on the app, follow these steps:
- Download the app and login with your Credit account information.
- Tap on “Check your balance” at the top of any screen within the app to access this feature quickly in future sessions without having to log in again first (it’s not something we’d want you to have to do every time).
Monthly Credit Card Statement.
The monthly statement is your credit card’s annual report. It’s the only way to check your balance, so it’s important to look at it every time.
This is where you’ll see any charges and refunds, as well as any rewards that have been applied to your account since the last billing cycle. If there are any errors or fees on the statement, contact customer service immediately so they can fix them for you before they become bigger issues down the road.
It’s so easy to check your balance now, you can do it from anywhere. It doesn’t matter if you have access to a computer or not; there are plenty of ways to find out how much money is left on your card at any time. You can even use your cell phone! Best of all: no matter what method you choose, it will take less than five minutes.