Have you accidentally deleted important photos from your Canon camera and now want them back?
Don’t worry! Instances may occur when your Canon memory card gets format all of a sudden, and you lose your important photos. It is important to find the exact cause of such issues and apply exact methods to get the deleted photos back.
Here, in this article, we have provided several methods to answer how to recover deleted photos from Canon Camera.
Before you proceed with these recovery methods, we recommend you to stop capturing photos/videos with your camera once you encounter photo loss scenarios on it. Now, keep reading this article to know some common causes for the loss of photos from Canon cameras and recovery methods to get deleted photos back.
What Causes Deletion of Photos on Canon Camera?
Before you learn how to recover deleted photos from Canon camera, it is important to know the exact cause of such situations. Given below are some common reasons for data loss scenarios that may occur on your Canon Cameras:
- Instances may occur when your photos get accidentally deleted when you are viewing them.
- When you press the “Delete all” button while deleting any single photo from your Canon camera.
- Your camera’s SD card might be damaged or show some error messages.
- You might not have completely transferred the photos from your Camera to your computer, which makes you unable to access those photos from your computer.
- Accidental deletion of photos due to formatting of Canon memory card.
- Virus or malware attacks on your camera may also cause sudden deletion of photos from Canon cameras.
The above-mentioned are only few causes for the deletion of photos from canon cameras. Now that you are familiar with the reasons for such issues, it’s time to apply photo recovery methods to recover the lost photos.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Canon Camera for Free?
You can use the Stellar Photo Recovery tool for deleted photo recovery from a Canon camera or external storage devices. A professional photo recovery software that allows you to recover photos in several formats, including JPEG, PNG, GIF, RAW, etc. Along with the pictures, you can use this tool to get your deleted videos and audio files back. It allows you to recover files from your camera devices as well as storage devices, like HDD, SSD, USB Drives, SD Cards, etc.
This photo recovery software is available on both Windows and macOS devices. Even the software is available in multiple formats, and you can select the one that best suits your requirement. Stellar Photo Recovery software mainly known for its reliability and ease of use.
One of the most valuable features of this software is that it can save the directory tree structure generated after a drive/volume scan to a desired location on the disk. Another characteristic that makes it best for your photo recovery is its deep scan feature. If the quick scan fails, the deep scan option allows you to perform a comprehensive scan of the selected drive or location.
The below step-by-step instructions will show you how to recover deleted photos from Canon camera for free using the Stellar Photo Recovery tool:
- Download and install the software on your device. Once successfully installed, launch the software on your PC.
- Now, from the “Select Location to Scan” window, select your Canon camera device or memory card to start the recovery process. Click the “Scan” button to continue.
- The software will then take few minutes to complete the scanning process. After completion of the scanning process, preview the recoverable photos.
- Select the photos you need to recover. Press the “Recover” button and select the storage location to save the files at the desired location.
That’s it! Once the recovery process completed, you will be able to find the recovered photos in the folder you selected.
Quick Steps to Recover Photos Using File History
If you have a good habit to take backups of your photos, you can use it to restore your deleted photos. This backup includes any one among Cloud storage backup, external hard drive backup, and File History.
Windows File History feature automatically creates a backup of your computer’s data including photos, videos, and other file types. You can use this backup to get the deleted files back in data loss scenarios.
- If you have earlier transferred the deleted photos to your computer, you need to open the folder on your PC where those pictures were saved.
- Now, type “File History” in the search box located in the bottom-left corner, and choose “Restore your files with File History“.
- After that, search for the photos that you need to recover, and then view all the available folder backup versions. Once you got the desired photos, click the green-coloured “Restore” button.
- In case, any pop-up appears on your screen, tap the “Replace the file in the destination” option to recover your deleted files.
Tips to Avoid Deletion of Photos from Canon Camera
Though the photo recovery methods are quite easy to get your deleted photos back on Canon camera, but it is important to avoid such situations. Given below are some important tips that you can keep in your mind to avoid the sudden deletion of photos:
- Properly transfer your photos from the camera and make sure they are saved on your computer. Avoid removal of camera SD card while the process of transferring photos is processing.
- Make a habit to create backups of your important photos. These backups provide you additional protection and help you with data loss issues.
- Always connect your camera to computers that are free from viruses or malware. Also, ensure that your device has the latest version of the antivirus application and OS installed in it.
In this article, we explained how to recover deleted photos from Canon camera free. You can use either the backup file or a professional photo recovery tool to get the deleted photos back. Also, avoid using your Camera for capturing pictures or video files when you encounter photo loss issues on it. It prevents the storage space from overwritten by new images.
Can I recover photos lost from Canon camera?
Yes, you can easily recover deleted photos from a Canon camera. you should stop using your camera immediately or the SD card where the deleted photos were earlier saved.
How can I recover deleted photos from my Canon camera?
Recovering deleted photos from Canon camera is a very easy and quick process. You can either use the backup created earlier or use any professional photo recovery tool, like Stellar Photo Recovery to get the deleted photos back.
Is it possible to recover deleted photos from the internal memory of Canon camera?
Unfortunately, there is no way to get the deleted photos back from your camera’s internal memory in case of new models of Canon cameras. If you are using an older version, you can go to Connecting Settings and change “USB Connection Mode” to “Disk”. This mounts your camera’s internal memory as the disk after which you can use data recovery software on your device.