The Secret Orchard
(Photo: Geoff Wilson)
The features of this garden include a soft fruit area, a newly planted urban orchard with heritage pear varieties, apples and cherries, and an espalier wall planted by Cafe Crema and the London Orchard project.
Visit our wildlife pond, meet the ducks and look around our greenhouse and potting shed (which has a small reference library and lots of gardening magazines).
Capital Growth garden:
- Saturday 10:00–17:00
- Fully licensed vegetarian and vegan café. Local honey and homemade cakes and lunches on sale, Fairtrade and organic teas and coffees. Freshly laid duck eggs from our Indian Runners (subject to laying mood). Come and feed the ducks. Mini-stall selling local produce. Strawberry plants for sale. Homemade, homegrown raspberry tarts, gluten-free.
Through Café Crema, 306 New Cross Road, or from Laurie Grove.
Nearest postcode: SE14 6AF
- 21, 53, 136, 171, 172, 177, 225, 321, 343, 436, 453
- New Cross, New Cross Gate
- Difficult for wheelchairs coming through café entrance. For side entrance, wheelchairs are possible but it is not ideal, as the ground is woodchip and uneven.
- Dogs on leads
- No picnics: café is open for food and cakes, hot drinks etc.
(click on names for details):
Ballast Quay Garden
The Compound, Stave Hill Ecological Park
Centre for Wildlife Gardening
Brunel Museum Gardens
Convert to miles »