Museum of Brands

Museum of Brands
More photos


Citymapper
Citymapper

Journey Planner

This award-winning garden is situated behind the Museum of Brands, originally built in 1866 as the Bayswater Jewish School. The original planting in 1990 was a donation from the gold-medal-winning Crabtree & Evelyn Chelsea Flower Show scented garden to form part of the London Lighthouse HIV/AIDS centre. Since then the garden has developed to form a secluded enclave in the heart of busy Ladbroke Grove.

The garden is a south-facing courtyard, enclosed by walls on three sides. The planting includes a mixture of herbaceous perennials, climbers and tender sub-tropical plants, such as Brugmansia, Abutilon and Musa, which flourish in this microclimate. Nest boxes encourage a number of small bird species to thrive in the garden.

Garden co-ordinator: Gary Eisenhauer

Share this Garden

Pin It Tweet email