This hidden semi-wild garden has been providing a rich outdoor learning environment for preschool-aged children for more than 50 years. It is full of birds, foxes, squirrels and bugs and has been described by past visitors as “a magical green oasis for young children in London" and “how a nursery should be”. There is a woodland area, mud pit and kitchen area, water play, grassy hill and lots of flowers and vegetables, planted and cared for by the children and parents. The garden is named after philanthropist John Cyril Lees Collingham who acquired the derelict land in 1935. It used to be part of the burial ground of St George the Martyr.