Cleveland Square dates from around 1855. This is a beautiful and tranquil 1.5-acre garden square with lawns, gravel paths and mature trees, surrounded by Grade II listed white stucco-fronted houses. Since replanting with a strong horticultural focus, the space resembles a private garden rather than a park. The garden features a wide range of herbaceous perennials: clouds of Hesperis intermingle with dark purple/black poppies and early-to-late peonies mix with alliums, lupins and iris. A fragrant Styrax japonica edges woodland planting, with foxgloves, Lunaria rediviva, Epimedium and Smyrnium perfoliatum providing contrast to Rodgersias and ferns.