Eaton Square takes its name from Eaton Hall in Cheshire, home of the Duke of Westminster. Thomas Cubitt, the Grosvenor estate’s master builder, started laying out Eaton Square and Belgrave Square in 1826. Today the garden remains a tranquil retreat of formal lawns, shady pathways and quiet seating areas divided between six main enclosures. The central garden on the south side is open for OGSW. In 2015 these manicured gardens received London in Bloom’s ‘Small Park of the Year’ award. Mixed borders around two formal lawns are divided by a path and seating through a shaded enclave. There is also a tennis court with a planted walking area around the outside and formal raised beds. Sundials, water features and David Harber garden sculptures are on display too. Famous past residents include Neville Chamberlain (No 37) and Vivien Leigh (No 54).