Cleveland Square is a beautiful, quiet 1.5-acre garden square with lawns, gravel paths and mature trees, surrounded by Grade II listed white stucco-fronted houses. The square dates from around 1855. Recent replanting has created a garden more like a private garden than a park, with particular focus on horticulture. There is a diverse range of herbaceous perennials, and clouds of Hesperis intermingle with dark purple/black poppies while early-to-late peonies intersperse with alliums, lupins and iris. A fragrant Styrax japonica edges woodland planting, with foxgloves, Lunaria rediva, Epimedium and Smyrnium perfoliatum contrasting with Rodgersias and ferns.