Henry Holland laid out and developed the buildings and gardens of Cadogan Place from 1777 and this ‘south’ garden was known as the London Botanic Garden. The mulberry trees on the lawn are thought to be around 300 years old and grown originally for the silk trade. On the east side, a walk running the length of the garden is under development for spring interest, along with a fern garden and ministumpery. Near the tennis courts, black bamboo and willows screen a water garden. To the centre of the garden is the award-winning Hans Sloane Garden, adapted from a design for the 2003 Chelsea Flower Show to celebrate the life of physician and collector Sir Hans Sloane.