Built between 1775 and 1786, Bedford Square is the best and most complete Georgian square in London. The elegant surrounding buildings, now mainly offices, were once fashionable town houses and have distinctive Coade-stone entrances.
The large oval garden at the centre is surrounded by pre-war iron railings and screened by encircling shrubberies and mature plane trees. Recent improvements to the garden include a newly turfed main lawn, numerous perennial additions to the borders and major pruning works to both the shrubbery and trees.
Areas of interest include a restored summerhouse, a Victorian stumpery and pocket planting of a variety of herbaceous plants.